The UNLV Student Chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA) provides students of all majors the opportunity to network and interact with professionals, as well as incorporate practical application of business and marketing principles and receive assistance in professional development.
Benefits of Joining the UNLV AMA
- Marketing News: AMA Collegiate Members receive eight issues of Marketing News during the academic year. In addition to the eight print issues, students can access all 26 annual issues and publication archives online.
- MarketingPower.com and AMA Member Resource Center: Collegiate Members are always connected thanks to MarketingPower.com. You are always just a click away from marketing resources you can use every day. Plus, you get exclusive access to the AMA Member Resource Center, where you will find case studies, white papers, selected presentations from AMA events, and information on marketing hot topics and industries.
- AMA Career Center: The AMA Career Center has everything you need to get your professional start, including a job posting service and resume resources. You can continue to access this resource as a Bridge Member after graduation.
- AMA Employment Kit: Gain an edge in today's competitive job market with this valuable guide. A complimentary copy is mailed to all first-time Collegiate Members.
Education & Networking
- International Collegiate Conference: This much anticipated annual event provides valuable career information, leadership training, and an opportunity to interact with others who share your professional goals. You'll hear presentations from a range of marketing experts, have the opportunity to earn recognition for your chapter and yourself, and enjoy social and networking events.
- AMA Conferences & Seminars: The AMA offers a yearlong series of over 30 specialty conferences, boot-camps, workshops, and hot-topic seminars. Collegiate Members attend at a discounted rate.
- AMA Member Roster: Collegiate Members can search the online AMA Member Roster to network with professionals in their area and across the continent. By connecting with veteran marketers, you'll gain valuable insight in the field.
- Leadership Opportunities: Participating in your local Collegiate Chapter is an unique opportunity to manage finances, people, projects, and deadlines - the skills you'll need as a marketing professional.
- Case Competition: Gain real-world marketing experience and the change for recognition by industry leaders in this exciting annual contest.
- Annual Chapter Awards: This prestigious program recognizes Collegiate Chapters for outstanding work and service. Awards are presented at the International Collegiate Conference.
- Bridge Membership: Transition from Collegiate to Professional Membership after graduation as a Bridge Member and save more than 50% for up to three years! Among other benefits, you'll receive 26 issues of Marketing News and AMA's Membership Directory.
- AMA Publications: Save up to 45% on subscriptions to AMA magazines, journals, and books. You'll get in-depth insights and learn the newest developments in a range of specialized areas.